Machine: Morgan-Press Injection Molding Machine
Master: Clint Reinhart
- This machine requires training. Please attend a training session at a Maker’s Monday to get trained on this machine.
- This machine is used to produce solid plastic parts using hot plastic injection molding
- A metal mold is needed to use this machine. This mold can be machined using the CNC Mill
- Plastic stock is needed to use this machine. This stock is provided in the form of plastic beads and is free to use for low volume jobs
- Knowledge of “design for manufacture” is suggested for use of this machine. It is very easy to design a part that cannot be removed or properly injected.
Solid State Temperature Controllers – featuring digital set-point and readout, 3-mode proportioning and programmable controls, 0-800°F/0-430°C 1/8 DIN modular units.
Injection Speed Control – for adjusting injection speeds slower and faster where cavity fill rates are critical
Heavy duty cast aluminum construction
Hardened and chrome-plated barrels (material melt cylinders)
Precision ground chrome-plated stanchion rods
Generous 8″x11″ (maximum) mold plan area
Taken from morganindustriesinc.com
- Step-by-step instruction will be provided soon. Contact us if you want to be notified when the step-by-step instructions are posted.
- A manual provided by CMU can be found at Injection Molding Manual. Note, this manual is not official and should only be used for reference.
- This machine can cause SEVER BURNS if not used correctly. HOT MOLTEN PLASTIC is used in this machine.
- Read the step-by-step instructions and be aware of all posted placards