Get up to $250 for your independent student project! We want to support new makers who have fresh, bold ideas for projects that will really help them learn.
Click on the above flyer to find out about Maker Grants.
Here’s what you need to include in your application:
- Description of your awesome project!
- Bill of materials for every part you want to order, up to $250 total
- Timeline for your project with detailed milestones (including a “midterm” presentation to Makers Monday at April 8 6PM)
- Personal info (past projects, experiences, skills)
- Show that you can finish your project in a semester!
- Names of all your group members (remember, groups must be at least two people and include one undergraduate lab instructor)
Email applications to Xo Wang (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the deadline. The applications will have their names stripped and voted on by members of the Makers Club.
Grants will be paid out by reimbursement of personal purchases. It’s very unlikely that you’ll get all of the money right away; to get the whole grant, you’ll have to make a 10-minute presentation at Milestone Monday (April 8) or an earlier Makers Monday meeting about your project, presenting your progress and showing that you need the rest of the parts.
We want you to come and work at the Invention Studio! Please feel free to drop by and ask about the grants program.
March 14 March 22, 2013 23:59:59
Awards notified: Week of March 25, 2013
Milestone Monday: April 8, 2013 6PM