It's Robot Fighting Time!
The Invention Studio hosted the Georgia Tech members of Chaos Corps as they cut the weapons for their Season 3 entry to ABC's Battlebots. We were particularly excited to support and learn from two former Prototyping Instructors - Dan Hammer (BSME 2013) and Matthew Carroll (now of the Montgomery Machining Mall). We had a great time learning about the process of designing such massive fighting machines and how it feels being on the set of a huge component of maker culture, while they set up and ran their cuts on our large waterjet.
- The vertical disk stock weighed nearly 100 lbs!
- The stock was a 2" slab of hardened steel.
- The vertical disk spinner took nearly 6 hours to cut!
How to Follow Up:
- Learn more about Chaos Corps - http://www.chaoscorps.org/meet-the-chaos-corps/
- Georgia Tech PR about Season 2 bot - http://www.news.gatech.edu/2016/08/30/gtris-jeffries-builds-bots-appetite-destruction
- Learn how to use our waterjet - [LINK OMAX HERE]