Welcome to the Flowers Invention Studio!
The Invention Studio is a student run organization located in the Flowers Invention Studio. We support ALL students, staff, and faculty in building their dream project, whether it’s for research, personal or academic usage. Our tools are 100% free to use. See you soon!
ATTENTION: In order to give students the opportunity to vote we will be closed on November 3rd for Election Day. Please go out and Vote!
Plans for Reopening in the Fall
In response to COVID-19, the Invention Studio will be reopening with some added precautions.
- Starting August 31st, The invention studio will be open Monday - Thursday between 11:00 AM and 4:30 PM.
- Masks are now required in all rooms and at all times.
- All rooms now have a maximum occupancy! As a result, all students are required to sign into and out of SUMS as they enter and exit the studio.
- If this maximum occupancy is met, you must sign into a wait list on SUMS and be notified when there is availability.
- Users must clean equipment BEFORE and AFTER use. Disinfection supplies will be provided.
- To ensure that students maintain minimal interaction with PIs, students should look at our Tools & Equipment tab and virtual training videos to better familiarize themselves with a tool before coming into the studio.
- Trainings for ALL tools will be offered in the studio until October 1st; Please get trained as early as you can. We have a limited capacity that is not currently being filled, but most likely will be later in the semester.
- FDM 3D printing is migrating from Bluejeans to in-person printing. Please sign into General 3D Printing on SUMS when you enter the Invention Studio.
- Safety glasses are not to be reused before being sanitized, and should not be placed back on shelves after use.